- Lithgow Family Foundation Scholarship: closes 19 January 2023
- Craig Scholarship: opens 1 February 2023; closes 28 February 2023
Lithgow Family Foundation Scholarships.
The Lithgow Family Foundation was set up in 2011 to assist ex-students from the school to undertake tertiary education. It is not restricted to current students but any student who attended Stratford High School for at least two years and will be studying a NZ accredited tertiary level course is eligible to apply. The application form is online under the links tab below. Applications are open now and close 19 January 2023. Applications must be posted to Lithgow Family Foundation C/- PO Box 20, Stratford 4352. No email applications will be accepted.
Craig Scholarship Award
The Craig Scholarship is awarded following a bequest by the late Mr Laurence Roy Craig. The scholarship is available to a student or former student of Stratford High School to pay fees or expenses while undertaking a tertiary agricultural or horticultural course starting in 2023. For the year 2023 the value of the scholarship has been determined by the Board of Trustees at $800. Written applications must be in the hands of the BoT Secretary by close of business on 28 February 2023.
Terms of Award:
1. The scholarship will be awarded to a current student or ex-student of Stratford High School.
2. The applicant will specify the course to be taken, his/her purpose in taking it and the institution he/she proposes to attend.
3. The scholarship is tenable at any tertiary education institution approved for the purpose by the Board, while the student undertakes study in an agricultural or horticultural course.
4. The scholarship will be awarded annually – any holder is entitled to apply for the next year of his/her course. The scholarship must be used for study in the year that it is awarded.
5. The sum awarded is at the discretion of the Board and the terms of the award are subject to variation from time to time as the Board sees fit.
6. Payment will be made on receipt of evidence of enrolment and acceptance into the course of study.